Pretzel Raspberry Christmas Jell-O
- 1 ½ sticks Land O Lakes Butter
- 2 ½ cups salted pretzel sticks or any salted hard pretzels. Broken up
- 1 8 oz. package Philadelphia Cream Cheese softened
- 1 8 oz. tub Cool Whip
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 large package raspberry flavored gelatin
- 2 10 oz. packages frozen raspberries undrained and slightly thawed.
- 1 15 1/4 oz. can Dole crushed pineapple undrained
Melt the butter and pour into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Break the pretzel sticks in half or into pieces and spread evenly over top the melted butter. Bake 10 minutes at 400 degrees. Remove from oven and cool.
Cream together with an electric mixer cream cheese, cool whip and sugar. Carefully spread this mixture on top of the pretzels, covering to the edges. Refrigerate 1 hour.
Bring the 2 cups water to a boil in a medium sauce pan. Turn off the heat. Add the gelatin to the boiling water and stir until completely dissolved. Place a dish towel in refrigerator and set the pan on top of it to let this mixture cool until syrupy. When cool and syrupy add the slightly thawed raspberries, crushed pineapple and stir. Pour this mixture over top the cream cheese mixture.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate several hours until firm or overnight.
Cut and serve into desired pieces.
Notes: Everyone loves this Jell-O salad! It can be served as a dessert as well.